Monday, August 22, 2011

Fear Not

“I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.”
Isaiah 41:9-10

A quick glance at the news and we find plenty of scary stuff. We live in an uncertain world, a fallen world. There are things out there to frighten us – a bad medical diagnosis, world economics, unemployment, violence brought on by desperate people. I read a news story not long ago about a man who purposefully committed a crime so he would go to jail – because he was hungry and knew he’d be fed there.

The world we live in is a frightening place – yet over and over in Scripture we read “fear not”, “do not worry”, “I AM here with you”. In fact we see all three of those statements in today’s passage and on top of all that we read that we have been chosen. Chosen by the Creator of the universe, chosen by a God who loves us so much He willing died for us. HE is bigger than anything we are facing or think we are facing and He tells us to fear not.

What do you fear today? Do you fear that “C word” diagnosis, not finding a job, no money, the world outside your door? Do you worry about taking the step you believe God is calling you to take? He says “Fear not, do not worry, and trust Me.”

As you seek to trust Him, allow Him to remove all fear and worry. Take whatever step He is telling you to take and be filled with the peace that only He can give in times like these.

A prayer
Father – I know there are people out there who are dealing with fear and anxiety, I admit to having those feelings as well sometimes, but You are way more than capable of taking care of us. So we need not fear and worry. Today fill our lives with Your peace and may Your love cast out all fear. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment