Monday, December 26, 2011

A Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart!

“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1:3-6

One of the traditions in my home during the Christmas season is to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. At the end of the movie Scrooge sings a song called Thankful Heart, one line in the song especially stood out for me this year - in it Scrooge says he will end and begin each day with a “grateful prayer and a thankful heart.” As this year draws to a close I want say that I pray thanking God for each of you – because in some way throughout this year you have encouraged me through life’s storms and for that I am grateful.

It is the time of year when we look back over all that as occurred – the good and bad, the joy and sadness, and the trials and triumphs that we have faced. For all of it may we be grateful in our prayers for God’s marvelous provisions. May we have thankful hearts as we remember those who have walked this year’s journey with us.

As we look forward to the coming New Year – may we continue to lift one another up in prayer being grateful that we are members of the same royal family and that HE who began HIS work in us will be certain to complete it.

Life’s journey is better when traveled with amazing people like you. Yes as this year end I lift a grateful prayer, motivated by a very thankful heart for each of you. May God bless you greatly in the coming year.

A prayer
Father – Thank you for each person in my life who travels on this road of life along side me. Each one has encouraged me on the way. Thank you Lord that you made us for community and relationship with one another and with You. With a grateful and thankful heart I ask that you would bless each one in a new and amazing way. In Jesus’ name Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Dear Friend!
    One of my favorite passages when I am praying for my friends, and thanking them and God for the blessings and strength they bring into my life. Thank you Leann ... you are truly one that encourages and strengthens my walk with our Lord and Savior Jesus! Love and biggo hugs ... Carolyn
    :D

    ReplyDelete