Tuesday, April 30, 2013

He's Got You

“Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.”
Psalm 139:4-5

A friend had called; she wanted to tell me personally about a health issue she was dealing with. As she told me, my heart ached for her - but she was good, well as good as you can be when you get a cancer diagnosis. She told me God had the whole situation in hand and she was filled with peace.  

How often do we forget that we serve a God who has got us? He holds us in His hands, he knows our thoughts, the desires of our hearts and everything we need. What troubles or trials have we not faced because of His protection? He knows what we can handle and He gives us what we need to face the adversity of life. 

God know us, we don’t have to speak for Him to know, but because He is a God of relationship He wants to hear what we have to say. He loves the sound of our voice whether we are speaking words of praise or crying out in anguish. He understands the true meaning of what we are saying even when we may not. 

I love how this passage reads in The Message “You know everything I’m going to say  before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you’re there, then up ahead and you’re there, too—your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful— I can’t take it all in!” (vv. 4-6).

The point is this, no matter what you are facing today or this week - He is there, He is going before you, He’s got your back, He walks beside you. Everywhere you go and in everything that you face, He is there. 

Deal with what you need to deal with, but no matter what, fear not and have peace because He’s got you. 

A Prayer
Father, thank you for knowing us so well. Thank you for being present with us even when we may not be present with You. You know everything we will face, be our strength, our wisdom and our peace. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Leann ... being on two prayer teams, Cornerstone and The Edge, there have been a few deaths by cancer recently and many others afflicted with cancer. It is beyond comprehension how our God could be there through such confusion, sadness, fear and pain. He hears our prayers and understands fully the anguish ... and thankfully, quiets our hearts and gives us eternal hope. Thank you ...

    ReplyDelete