Wednesday, May 22, 2013

He's Already There

“My days have passed, my plans are shattered. Yet the desires of my heart turn night into day;  in the face of the darkness light is near.”
Job 17:11-12

It had been one of those weeks, nature had wrought its fury and for many including myself the journey of life was taking another detour into the wilderness. It is in times like these when the why questions start, when because we cannot see the entire plan, we think the designer has made some kind of mistake. 

As I was thinking about the return trip to the wilderness - a couple of songs popped into my mind, and one by the group Casting Crowns really resonated with me. The opening verse goes “From where I'm standing Lord it's so hard for me to see where this is going and where You're leading me. I wish I knew how all my fears and all my questions are gonna play out in a world I can't control.” I can relate to that, can you? I think Job would have been able to relate to that as well. Job’s life had taken a major detour and his “friends” were pretty much telling him it was his own fault - they were obviously not balcony people. 

The song goes on to say that when we are lost in the mystery, when we do not understand the Lord has already been there, He sees the whole plan from beginning to end. I love the words that come near the end of the song: “One day I'll stand before You and look back on the life I've lived I can't wait to enjoy the view and see how all the pieces fit.” I think Job understood, you can hear the why questions that must have been in the back of his mind and yet he knows that God is near the darkness he is in will soon be chased away by the Light. 

I don’t know what you are facing as you read this. I don’t know how this detour is going to get me to the desire of my heart. What I do know is that my Lord is the architect of my life and yours knows and He is already there. So walk in faith, hope and peace. 

A Prayer
Father, we do not like being uncomfortable, we do not like the feeling of having no control over our own destiny, but it is hard to control a plan we do not fully understand. Help us to remember that Your plan is always better than ours. Help us to remember you have traveled the detour, you have been in the wilderness and that you are already there with the desire of our hearts. In the name of Jesus, who is light is always near. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment