Monday, June 20, 2011

Stomp! Move! Dance!

“You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.”
Psalms 3-:11-12

Let’s face it life is tough. We face situations that are stressful – work, relationships, finances, health and a multitude of other things that can get us down. These kinds of things make us ask “Why me Lord?” “Why now?” “Why, why, why?” and “When will it get better?” Have you been there, asking those questions? It’s ok to ask the questions, I would go so far as to say that it is even healthy for us to ask them. King David asked those questions and when he finally got the relief that the Lord had for him he celebrated. David danced a dance of victory.

The prophet Jeremiah talks about dancing in response to God provision too (See Jeremiah 31:12-14). I wonder if David and the others who have gone before us following God felt like dancing when finally it appeared as though things were getting better. I mean was it an automatic response or did they think about it first – especially if the situation wasn’t resolved in the way they wanted. Does that make sense? Then again perhaps that doesn’t matter and what is important is that they made the choice to celebrate God’s goodness.

Today, no matter what you are facing make a choice to celebrate God’s faithfulness, His goodness and His love – even if you are wondering how much longer do I have to wait for things to get better. Make the choice to celebrate and then… put on some great music and Stomp! Move! Dance! I am planning on having a party today and all week long because I know my God is planning something amazing for me. He is planning something amazing for you too – so get the party started early.

A prayer
Father – Thank you! Thank you for providing, for being faithful, for holding us when we cry and for being our strength when we are weak. Lord you know that we will face all sorts of situations each day some good, some not so – help us to find reason to celebrate and dance. In the name of Jesus the light of the world and our hearts, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment