Monday, November 21, 2011

It's the Little Things

“…always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Ephesians 5:20

I was thinking today about all the little things that we are able to do, enjoy or receive daily – things we might not even think to be thankful about. Oh it’s easy to be thankful for the big stuff but today’s passage says we should be thankful for everything – even the most seemingly insignificant occurrences in our lives.

For instance today I am thankful that I got to see robins playing in the trees at the corner where I am a crossing guard. I am thankful for the opportunity to wave and smile at so many people from that same corner and that they smile and wave back. I’m thankful that throughout the day one of the furry creatures that share our home will come and keep me company as I work at the computer. I am thankful knowing that somewhere right now someone is praying for me.

What about you - what little things can you find to be thankful for – maybe there was that smile from a stranger at the grocery store when you weren’t having a good day? Maybe it was that perfect cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea you enjoyed in the quiet of a chilly morning.

This week as you prepare to join with family and friends in fellowship around the bountiful feast provided by the Giver of every good thing – I encourage you to think about those small things you can be thankful for. I think you fill find that the cup of blessing you hold is truly overflowing.

May you be blessed beyond measure today and every day, by both the miraculous and the seemingly insignificant things of life. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

A prayer
Father – Thank you for the many little blessing you send to us each day, even if we don’t always recognize them. Thank you for Your faithful provision. May we share from the overflow in ours this season of giving thanks and may we thank you always and for everything. In Jesus’ name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment