Monday, April 30, 2012

He Sees You


Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
Matthew 6:26-27

It is spring time, the weather is great and the air is filled with the sound of birds singing. Unfortunately it is also the time of year when baby birds have a tendency to fall out of their nests. Recently I noticed our cat paying extra attention to the tree in our backyard. When I looked I saw a little bird on the ground as I gently picked it up so that cat wouldn’t get it, the above verse came to mind. God saw that little bird fall and provided protection for it.

He sees you and me, He knows everything we are facing, He knows our trials and triumphs, He knows what we need and He is working out our circumstances for our good. The birds don’t get stressed out - they don’t over eat or go shopping, they don’t hide from life - they live life to its fullest, with all its risks and dangers and they sing the whole time. There is a celebration happening outside my window right now.

The Scripture tells us we are more valuable than the birds and that because He see us, because He knows what we are going though, He is there for us and He will pick us up when we fall.

A Prayer
Father - thank you for the lessons your creation can teach us. Help us to trust you and find rest in You no matter what we are facing today. Because You see us we can even in the midst of a storm join in the celebration of life. In the name of Jesus, Amen

2 comments:

  1. HOW PERFECT A DEVOTION FOR ME TODAY!
    I am facing a move all by myself ... but I'm not by myself, my Lord God Almighty is with me every step of the way! Thank you Leann for the reminder! All that I need is my Jehovah Shammah!
    Carolyn
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) Be sure to check with church - they may be able to provide some assistance for that move.

    ReplyDelete