Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Technical Difficulties... Please Pray

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
Psalm 61:1

When I was little I remember that when something went wrong with the television signal a message would come on that said “We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by.” That meant you could get a snack, do something else or whine while you waited for the signal to be restored. 

I was having one of those days. Trying to do too many things all at once, including trying to pray for a number of people and situations. Everything seemed to be getting in the way of every other thing. That’s when it happened. My internet connection started acting up. 

Now, I have been around the divine block enough times to know that I was getting a message similar to the old message that used to turn up on the television, the message was “technical difficulties… please pray.” So every time I lost my connection I would pray for the next person or situation on my list. Pretty soon I had peace.

It would seem that the church is entering a season of remembering how important prayer is. I know of at least three churches that are focusing on that very topic as I write this. What have I learned about prayer as I journey with Jesus? First every season should be a season of prayer. Then, prayer is the fuel for revival - both personal and corporate. Finally, only the God of the universe can give us peace while we wait for Him to work.

I know some who are reading this are facing health issues, financial issues or spiritual issues. Some of you may be facing all of these and more. Whatever you are facing, when you are just having one of those days - watch for the message “Technical difficulties…please pray.

The Master Technician is standing by. He’ll answer your call and give you peace while the signal is restored. 

A Prayer
Father, thank you for sending signals that interrupt our world and remind us to pray. In our multi-tasking, information overloaded lives we need that. Thank you for the peace You give us if you ask us to be patient as You work. In the name of Jesus, who restores our signal we pray - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment